Master of Arts in Law and Legal Studies September 2016 – November 2018 Carleton University, Ottawa ON • Recipient of scholarship and two year contract for Teaching Assistantship • Successfully completed Master thesis on international and domestic refugee law Honours Bachelor of Art September 2012 – April 2016 University of Ottawa, Ottawa ON • Major in Philosophy and Minor in Law • Graduated with distinctions
Junior Policy Analyst October 2018 – Present National Shipbuilding Strategy, Ottawa ON
• Engage and collaborate with stakeholders within Public Services and Procurement Canada, other government departments and agencies, and private stakeholders
• Organize National Shipbuilding Strategy logistics including the scheduling of monthly Executive Governance Committee, Portfolio Management Committee governance meetings , pre-briefs, videoconferencing, and security
• Prepare documents such as agendas, record of proceedings, action/decision log, decks
• Coordinate and distribute the monthly Marine Sector project one-pagers
• Participate and summarize weekly Communications Call with selected shipyards
• Capture, share and monitor best practices between the combat and non-combat portfolio, service standards, governance meeting statistics and membership lists
• Support the management of the long term strategic relationship with the selected shipyards of the National Shipbuilding Strategy Executive Assistant September 2012 – October 2018 House of Commons, Parliamentary Office of MP Randy Hoback, Ottawa ON
• Assist in the effective operation of the parliamentary office in all areas
• Prepare materials for Question Period, speaking notes, and recommendations for use in the House of Commons, and Committees
• Maintain database and distribute mailings
• Partake in research and writing projects regarding issues in the riding as well as the development of a private member’s bill
• Manage the Member’s Budget and process bills and expenses for payment
• Manage the Member`s Social Media campaign
• Draft weekly newspaper column
• Draft statements and speeches for the Member
• Liaise with constituency staff to monitor emerging issues and concerns and provide appropriate support both in Ottawa and in the constituency
• Manage, track and draft responses to correspondence relevant to the work of the Parliament Hill office Teaching Assistant September 2016 – Present Carleton University, Ottawa ON
• Conduct research in various areas of law pertinent to the material taught in class
• Assist lead teacher in conducting increased learning experience for students in assigned area
• Meet with supervisors to discuss students’ grades, and to complete required grade-related paperwork
• Return assignments to students in accordance with established deadlines
• Schedule and maintain office hours to meet with students
• Attend lectures given by the instructor
• Tutor students independently or in small groups Store Manager July 2008 – September 2012 Harvey’s Restaurants, London ON
• Meet and exceed all my work efficiency targets continuously over the years.
• Partner with other mangers in coordinating all staffing and scheduling for multiple stores.
• Responsible for overseeing all aspects of the store’s operations, including promotional activities, customer service, inventory management, cash handling, reconciliation and deposits and store safety and security.
• Train, recruit and hire store employees.
• Review and analyze monthly P&L reports, create and manage budgets, and administer payroll.
• Facilitate the distribution and clarification of all new services from Harvey’s to front line employees and compile communication with feedback.
Intern July 2012 – September 2012 Office of the Hon. Ed Holder, London ON • Draft large amounts of correspondence to be sent to constituents regarding a wide variety of issues.
• Consult with the member on direction and discretion of correspondence
• Promote a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner Legal Volunteer February 2012 – August 2012 Chris Uwagboe- Barrister and Solicitor, London ON
• Research case law in challenging areas of law • Assist with summarizing complex case summaries
• Assist with typing and editing of legal documents